Thursday, June 30

New Babies are Time-Consuming!

I know that seems like saying that the sky is blue, but I really forgot how little time I have to do things, especially if they involve typing. Plus I have a few IRL projects going on that I really need to finish up this weekend and get into the mail - late as usual.

Bobo is a busy baby, he isn't quite 4 months yet and he is starting on the path to crawling. He scootches all over the house backwards in an attempt to go forward! I keep rescuing him before he disappears under furniture. He can get across a big room in minutes. He passes toys hand to hand, has a tooth and blows raspberries like he's Archie Bunker. lol.

Ezbug is busy too. He's ready for school although kindergarten isn't ready for him yet (His birthday falls 10 days past the cutoff) and DH and I don't know what to do about it. We can't afford preschool, especially the JCC's or WSOC's, and even if we could, we have missed the enrollment period and now we would be wait-listed. *sigh* I try to be busy with Homelearners, but because of the Lact-Aid, it is hard to be out for any length of time. We did Disneyland the other day before the passes went black for the summer and nursing is SUCH a hassle out of the house. Warming the thing up, getting a good position to nurse in where I can juggle a wiggly baby, a tube to put into said baby's mouth and of course large nursies, which don't help at all. And don't forget keeping an eye on a 4 1/2 year old. It sure would be easier to have people come over to play more, but that doesn't seem to be working out well. I don't know if people just feel uncomfortable meeting at people's homes or if it is just my home, but it sure would be awesome if I could get that.

One of my best friends and I have started to drift apart because our kids, who used to be very close, no longer have much in common. Ezbug loves his friend dearly, but there is an 18 month difference in their ages and his friend is much more into computers and TV and video games, etc and we don't have the same access to thos things as his friend. We aren't completey 100% media free here in our house, but Ez watches maybe a hour of TV a week at most (and that is entirely Blue's Clues or Dora) and he is very occasionally allowed to play on the computer (paint program usually or a music game at VMK).

Baby's awake. More later. Maybe in a week or two. LOL

No comments: