We are embracing the slowdown that is summer. I bring Z to swim lessons every morning. B was supposed to go, but he is 3 and stubborn as, well, me. So we watch as Z has his daily lesson. After that though it is one long summer full of free play and playdates. And for me, decluttering our home and preparing for next school year.
I am clearing out the detritus of growing children. Broken toys, outgrown and unrepairable clothes, etc. There is simply too much stuff here in the house that we don't need or use. And it has to go. Our house always looks so cluttered even right after it has been cleaned because there is simply too much stuff. I do wish I could hire a proper professional organizer to help us because DH has a hard time with decluttering. And yet it neeeeeeeeds to be done. We'll see how it goes.
I am clearing out the detritus of growing children. Broken toys, outgrown and unrepairable clothes, etc. There is simply too much stuff here in the house that we don't need or use. And it has to go. Our house always looks so cluttered even right after it has been cleaned because there is simply too much stuff. I do wish I could hire a proper professional organizer to help us because DH has a hard time with decluttering. And yet it neeeeeeeeds to be done. We'll see how it goes.
Also, I recently completed the backing for my embroidered challah cover. Can you believe DH doesn't like it. He's been very sideways in his compliments ("You must be very proud of that..." etc.) and so finally I asked him straight out if he just hated it or what. *sigh* He doesn't exactly *hate* it. Here's an image from my fantastic camera phone. Aren't you jealous? :)


3 comments:
You do embroidery? I don't know how to tell if it's good work, but the fact that you know how to is impressive enough for me. I never really picked it up. Mom used to embroider all the time.
It looks beautiful, whats not to love? Seriously, embroidery takes a lot of time and patience to accomplish nicely. Your husband must have terrible taste. The least he could do is be a better liar. :)
I think that is fantastic! I want one. :)
Post a Comment