Thursday, August 28

2nd grade day 4



I am battling a cold that has sapped me of my energy. So tree trunk math was about all I could manage. I wanted to get to form drawing, but that requires more focus and intention then I can bring right now. But Z was glad to get something concrete today. We did lots of practice on chalkboards before bringing it to the main lesson book.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a sweet idea! I hope you feel better, and can keep that creativity going! Where do you get your homeschooling ideas? Do you plan way in advance, or just make it up each week?

Woolfairy said...

Thanks! I can't take much credit at all since I use a curriculum that gives me the ideas! But I do put in time every night preparing for the next day (chalkboard drawings and getting materials together, etc) and the next few weeks (memorizing stories and verses and songs and planning things out) I do more homework now then I did when I was in school.

Teaching Handwork said...

I like how you set up the drawing of division... can you show more of how you introduced that?