Thursday, October 2

Eat Local Challenge

I signed up for the Eat Local Challenge again this year. I suspect this was a mistake as I believe I will spend the next month beating myself up for my lack of follow through on something I should likely have not signed up for in the 1st place! It is hard to get to the Farmer's market this year. Homeschooling takes up our mornings and if I skip a morning once a week for that then our rhythm is off all week. It certainly is for that day as I can't seem to get any work out of Z if we fall out of rhythm.

This week is a great example of that. 2 days of Rosh Hashanah smack in the middle of the week with one day (Monday) set aside for preparations and one day of recovery and post-holiday cleaning and then a field trip today for apple picking (fun!)

Next week we have one day of holiday (Yom Kippur next Thursday) but 3 days in a row of school time. Bring on the rhythm. I missed it!

On the upside - holidays! We had a wonderful holiday with visits from family, Daddy home with us, a bit of shul, and lots of special meals and family time. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Lovey said...

Ah lofty goals...lol...they are hard to resist. We had the same problem with our rhythm this week. I'm going to have to work extra to be ready for downtime on Yom Kippur. Are you building a sukkah?

Woolfairy said...

We are building a sukkah. At least that is the plan. I know DH has resigned himself to it because the other day he said "You're really going to make me build a sukkah, aren't you?" Which is his way of saying "we will do it, although without any pushing he wouldn't, but he doesn't have a strong objection to it." LOL We're still in the Saints and Heroes block, so we'll do one on MTW, tell the next story Wednesday and use our planned day off on Friday to do our MLB work. This holiday fits! Whew. :)

Lovey said...

My husband didn't actually say that but his face did. lol I told him he would get credit towards one woodworking project with the girls for it. That's a silver lining, isn't it? lol