But first we went fishing.
And, even though I had only just gotten over a cold, we headed down to OC and checked in at a great place in Irvine. After dinner, we tried out their indoor pool and then headed upstairs to bed.
Next morning we finally got hold of a friend who lives there and planned to meet to do a little letterboxing. In the meantime we headed over to The Cup in Aliso which has the best coffee in the whole world. Then we drove past our old condo because B wanted to see where he was born (since every time we are near the place where Z was born in LA we drive by and mention it.) Found out that at least one condo in the complex is going for half of what they were selling for when we left. Half! Crazy.
Then we met up at a park I had never gone to while we lived down there. And too bad because it was a wonderful park (Canyon View) And to our wonderful surprise, we got to see some other friends who happened to be in town visiting from Washington. When we were all way too cold from being outside in a canyon and exhausted from hiking even the little bit we did, we all headed over to dinner at the Spectrum where another old friend joined us. It was so amazing to be able to catch up with friends.
The next day, I woke up with a resurgence of my cold. Of course. So although we had considered staying another night, we packed it up and checked out and hit coffee at the Cup again. Then lunch for everyone at a favorite sushi place and a little window shopping. Found out that Native Foods had opened a place in Aliso. Seriously! Glad that happened after we moved away, because we would have been broke if it was that close to me. Best tempeh ever. And tried out the cupcakes at a new cupcake bakery that just opened - Baby Cakes. So seriously good. And then home and for me - straight to bed. Where I do believe I am headed again. I'll figure out why my photos aren't tranferring later. Probably.

1 comment:
Glad you are back and hope you feel well soon! Have you been to Wonderland Bakery? That is my favorite but I will have to try Baby Cakes the next time I am out there.
Nothing to report for Hanukkah? Did you do anything special? Exciting? Different? We made suganiyot for the first time and it was awesome. I'm all about donuts now - they are my new cupcake. lol
:)
Post a Comment