We worked on this project together today and revisited the story as we worked. I was in charge of the trees and some of the auxiliary animals, Z did the main characters and rabbits hut. Schooling has been challenging the last few months and I realize that I am a bit burnt out. I spoke to my Waldorf mentor and she said I should back off of the writing a bit and only do a small amount every week and step up some of the other things, which is what we have been doing. I don't sweat school. Z practices music daily, we do mental math, number journeys and the occasional worksheet, try to get outside regularly and have been working through the Animal Legends Main Lesson Block. It has been much less "schoolish" around here and the butting heads problem has diminished. Hopefully I'll be back to my old self as well.
1 comment:
We went through a similar "butting heads" time in the past few weeks as well. Yesterday I just spent time BEing with the boys instead of trying to teach anything. What a beautiful day we had! And I wrote plenty of "educational" things down on our school log, lol! I remind myself this is why we homeschool, for the JOY of it, not the drugery!!
Post a Comment