And it is sewing again. Remember when I used to knit?
Anyway, today it is the Charming Handbag from Bend-the -Rules Sewing. I want to love this book. I really do. The projects are adorable and I have made 3 of them so far since I got the book and 2 of them had serious errata issues and one of them was extremely difficult to follow (this one) The directions were spotty. It produced a very cute handbag, but required me to do a lot more thinking about construction and a bit of investigation on the internet for the errata (like missing pieces of the pattern errata)
In other news, I think this handbag is a little too cute and little for me. Tim Gunn, Fashion Guru, says that bigger women should have bigger handbags, and this one is just tiny and adorable. With a bow!
The fabric is Moda from my Local Fabric Store. Don't ask me the specific type.

1 comment:
What's the specific type? LOL, sorry, couldn't resist that.
I've been wondering whether to splash out the cash on the 'Bend the rules' book, so reviews of what's inside helps. Maybe it is worth letting the author know that the directions are not as helpful as the could be, to improve the book? Either way it's great to see the finished article and the bag you made is very pretty.
Post a Comment