Part of Homeschool Wednesday today was getting ready for Purim (which starts tomorrow night) and so, after we finished writing and came back from today's drop-in class and ate lunch, we settled into making hamentashen. Z made lemon (with my homemade lemon curd), B made blueberry jam, and then I made nutella, because the kids got loopy at the mere idea of chocolate. Then after the kids petered out, I made the things on the little plate - they would be peanut butter cups, but I'm allergic to peanut butter, so they are sunflower seed butter cups. And the other thing that I am including in our Mishloach Manot baskets this year is fresh strawberries from the farmer's market today.
We're in the 2nd and last week of our Spring Nature Block. Last week Z and I brainstormed about one of the birds he's been learning about and this week he has been working on writing an essay based upon that brainstorming. We've also been working on the garden. We dug in the compost. Turned the soil a few times over the last week and yesterday we took a field trip to the organic gardening store in the next city over and bought some potting soil, seedlings, seeds and ogled the chicks. They were so adorable!

No comments:
Post a Comment