Friday, April 11

Preparing for Pesach

Another week has raced by. There is so much to do each day that I often have to choose what gets left behind. My laundry is complaining about living in baskets. And the dryer. And the washer (although I try not to do that one too often.) And don't ask about meals. *sigh* At least they are usually at home. Usually.

And Passover is coming up. In honor of that - and the fact that we live in an area where Passover food is scarce - we headed to the local megalopolis, Los Angeles, to do the shopping. With 2 small children in tow. First we stopped off at Hanna Andersson at the mall to pick up a few things because B is learning to use the potty and I wanted some of their training unders for him. I spent too much there and then we headed on to the park for a little hiking and playing to burn off the veeeeeerrry long drive. We saw loads of birds, some we had never seen before, and the kids really got to explore a little bit of the wild right in the middle of the city. Very cool. After hours of that, because we checked out the archery field, the wildlife reserve and the model airplane field, we headed off to do the Passover shopping at a place in the Valley that I thought would be great (after all, I had been to it's sister store many times and thought that was just great) But it didn't have the things I am used to buying at Passover, so I headed across the street to the Ralph's with the good Passover section (wish we had one of those) and picked up some stuff and then headed to a place a friend recommended when I called her in desperation after the 1st place didn't work out. And of course it was closed.

So we have had to regroup and I'll be heading out again to a different place, slightly closer, but not tons, to see what I can pick up there. So instead of an hour and a half, it'll just be 45 minutes drive. Yay. Hopefully I can get the most important things.

No comments: