Friday, April 10

Corners of my kitchen - Passover edition

A few snapshots from the kitchen here on the 2nd day of Passover:


What we found this morning taped to all the jam I made for Passover. MBPJ = Mom's Best Passover Jam. It is awfully nice to be appreciated. :)


This is an actual unstaged shot from my kitchen right now. I had half bananas left over from lunch, so I decided to make banana farfel muffins, so I moved the matza out of the way, opened my binder, moved over the photocopy of DH's mom's Passover notebook and got the recipe out. And I realized that this is a picture that could be taken most every single day during Passover. Handwritten recipes and lists throughout the generations. Makes me smile.

And I am enjoying the smell of Banana Farfel Muffins baking as I type this. They will be complained about because the apple ones are so much more popular. The recipe for these is also my MIL's (OBM) and it wouldn't be Passover without them. My 4yo probably would starve without them! 


And of course the ever-present matza crumbs mingled with jam smears. These are everywhere, they are just easier to photograph on a plate!

3 comments:

Lovey said...

Looks like our kitchen! We've got non-Jewish visitors so it is interesting feeding them. lol

Those banana muffins sound AWESOME!

Woolfairy said...

Farfel muffins:

4 matzos crumbled into farfel
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp oil or meted butter/marg.
1 apple or 1 banana cut up very small

Soak farfel briefly and drain. Mix ingredients together, bake in muffin tins either greased or with papers at 375 for 30-35 minutes.

Easiest Passover baking recipe ever. I make a batch of these every day. (and except for one person, I've never shared this recipe. So, you are welcome internets.)

Lovey said...

You do realize I am going to the kitchen RIGHT NOW to make these, don't you?

:P

Thank you!