And news from here:
3 things really. Sometime in the night I went to turn over in bed, got a shooting pain and now it appears as though I have strained or pulled a muscle in my hip/lower back region. I saw my midwife today (happened to be my 24 week appt) and she said there wasn't much to do besides massage. And of course my crap insurance doesn't cover that *or* chiropractic. And the icy-hot patch isn't doing diddly squat. (although I appreciate the recommendation for it MortimersMom! :)
Also at this appointment she told me that because of the administrative crap at my HMO, she would not be able to attend a homebirth for us, although she will do her best to attend a hospital birth for us, which is something considering she would have to give us her personal cell number. I don't know what to do since $3400 is way out of our budget for a homebirth right now and I really don't want to have my 2nd at a hospital when I had my 1st at home and I would really be knowing what I was missing. The fact that I have to choose just totally sucks.
And last: gestational diabetes. It is my intention to refuse this test, although I will monitor my blood sugar at home via glucometer. Currently I have good fasting blood sugar levels and decent, although not great 1hr GTT levels (I informally tested myself utilizing Halloween candy, LOL). They fall, barely, under where they like to see levels after the 50g glucose 1hr GTT. She isn't pressuring me, per se, to have the GTT, but she did speak in favor of it. I have some concerns about GD since I am considered severely overweight, and I had a 9 1/2lb baby the 1st time who had fairly severe jaundice. But I am concerned, rightfully so I believe, about opening myself up to interventions that would not be an issue if I didn't have that particular diagnosis on my chart.
Wednesday, November 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment