Tuesday, November 23

Getting Better

Well, DH eventually semi-apologized. (meaning that he still doesn't think he did anything wrong, but he acknowledges that I think so and was hurt by it and so apologized for being the source of my hurt. And also for calling my feelings about it BS.) And then he did better at Disneyland yesterday. OK, not perfect, because DS and I spent a lot of time on our own, but I was more okay with it for some reason. Probably because, being pregnant, there are few things I can go on anyway, and also because I can go pretty much whenever I want to rather than it being a once a year sort of deal.

But this problem rears its head occasionally because DH has a tendency to put his family ahead of our family, although I don't think he does it on purpose at all. He just gets this "I'm with these people all the time" thing going in his head that he doesn't realize that he often puts us on hold for them, even when his family of origin isn't here (meaning he talks to them on the phone for hours at a time each week while we wait around for him to be done.)

Anyway, the air is much more clear around here, at least for now.

No comments: