This morning, partially through the despicable fault of hormones, I totally lost my temper at my poor mischievous children who locked me out of the house while holding a rotten tomato from my Brandywine plant. I was gingerly carrying it back to the kitchen to dispose of and tried to open the door because the membrane on said tomato was barely holding. Needless to say, the very long delay of the locked door caused said tomato to lose all holding power and slide right through the skin onto the ground and my foot. So so disgusting. Seriously disgusting. I realized that I needed to remove myself only after yelling like a fishwife at my kids. I also sent them out to clean it up while I went in to recover my senses and leave DH to mitigate my temper tantrum.
Luckily it is Friday. So I realized that we needed to get out of the house and into nature and so we headed up the coast to do some hiking and letterboxing. We hiked up to a lovely spot with a picnic table (we knew it was there) and a view of the ocean. Normally I would have taken a photo, but it was much too overcast today to see anything in a photo. Although honestly I love these grey overcast days here. We found our letterbox and used the cover of our lunch spread all over the table to leisurely stamp in, etc. Of course the cover was unnecessary as no one came by. We saw a few new birds for our life list and collected more acorns and followed some little tiny lizards a bit.
Then back home to play with friends.
Friday, September 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ahhhh those hormones will do you in every time. And yelling like a fishwife??? That happens ALL THE TIME here, to my vast embarrassment. :( Oh well at least I apologize afterwards.
And the rotten tomato thing would have def. put me over the edge!
Post a Comment