As I was preparing today's board to illustrate the Genevieve story, I remarked to my DH that this was going to cause a fuss in Z. It is a tough one for him with 3 people and a house and a full sentence with an unfamiliar word to write twice. And boy was I right. Very very right. This one caused full scale meltdown. So I tried to help him to focus on the steps that were doable and I insisted on the background and the border being done right then on the sentence page and we would return to it after lunch and our other obligations. I made it clear to him that this was today's lesson and that real progress needed to be made on it. So after much fuss, he settled down and did it.
So we ate something, headed out to a meeting for the ISP (Independent Study Program), a dentist appointment and then a little play with a friend for an hour and it was back to work to finish the writing while I finished up dinner. This time there were no arguments at all. None. He just did it. Hopefully tomorrow goes as smoothly as this evening.
Tuesday, September 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment