Thursday, February 15

Ignorance truly is Bliss

Years ago (OK about 4 years ago) I went to my first bag sale at my LYS. That was before I really had any idea about what I was doing. That is clear when you meet one of the very few items in my yarn stash. (ETA: maybe this is why I am so reluctant to stash yarn) And here is my biggest yarn newbie mistake ever. $40+ (maybe way more I can't fully remember) and about 19 balls (or about 1600 yards) of this -

Trendsetter Bliss



When I bought it I thought. "Oh what a cute nubby yarn. That'll make a fantastic sweater." Ah the naivete. It is so nubby next to the thin parts that it looks like a gigantic mess when it is knitted. I even paired it with some cotton glace in the hopes that double stranding would help. Now maybe if I double stranded it with the exact shade of yellow. But with a complementary color it just seems like 2 yarns stuck together. and knitted. At least it can be knitted that way. Trying to use it on it's own is just an exercise in futility. This is the most inappropriately named yarn ever.

I need a stash swap. Maybe someone else can use this.

And some obligatory shots of the boys. (for Dad!! And grandparents!!)





1 comment:

Beatriz said...

You're the second person who has mentioned needing a yarn swap. We should have an offshoot of our Thursday night group get together to swap from our yarn stash.