Tuesday, February 6

Transient knitting



This grew another 2 inches last night and was relegated to the frog pond this morning when I realized it would in no way resemble a sock that would fit my 6yo. The downside of knitting such a big and special thing for B is that I have never knit a sweater for Z, nor do I have a particular one planned for or budgeted for in the next few months. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I don't have a specific plan for it. So I am going to knit the Cable Rib Socks from the new Favorite Socks book. Of course I need to buy a new cable needle (mine is for mid weight fabrics) and some size 1 dpns as well. I also need some size 3 dpns for a project for myself (which will give me all the dpn basic sizes US1 through 10 1/2) I'm sure I could just use the 5th dpn as my cable needle, but it is a little long for that. Eeek. An actual project with a cable needle besides practice swatches.

I planted our blackberry bush in the small planter in the back today. We are all excited at the prospect of our own blackberries. I remember as a child picking blackberries with my cousins in rural Louisiana and eating ourselves absolutely ill on them and bringing back buckets for my aunt to make jams and blackberry wine with. I've never had blackberry wine...

We're off to the park this afternoon (after I put some Lentil Walnut Pate into the fridge to chill)

1 comment:

Beatriz said...

Mmmmm...lentil walnut pate & blackberry wine. I think I'm going to wait till Amazon gets the Favorite Socks by IK since I did buy Second Treasury at LYS. And I'm not in a rush to get back into socks right now.