Tuesday, May 22

Bedding and Mending

First the new beds for Z and B



The side rails for the top bunk make the perfect toddler bed rails. Funny how much more comfortable the mattress is when it is on a decent bed.



And then Z's newest project - counted cross stitch. This all got started when he saw me sitting and mending a shirt of his and he wanted to get in on the sewing game. So he ran and got his sewing basket, but he didn't have any projects in progress.



He's been wanting to do embroidery but getting frustrated with me because I won't let him start sewing on whatever he picks up (washcloths, baby clothes, etc) So I got him started on a ladybug start-to-embroider kit that I bought a few months ago knowing that he would be asking soon to start. He took to it quickly and with much aptitude. He has always really enjoyed sewing, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the kit says it is for ages 8 and up. I know an Aunt of his who will be pleased to share this hobby!

No comments: