I can't believe how much I am enjoying gardening this year. I loved working in the compost, and giving the blank canvas of soil water, I loved planting seeds inside, I loved buying seedlings, I loved watching everything find a new home and planting them in and I am really loving watching it all explode from the ground. Both the vegetables in the back bed and the roses and flowers in the front. And the pots surrounding the playhouse which I am hoping will be covered in morning glories and surrounded by sunflowers and calendula and zucchini and lamb's ear and Hopi red dye amaranth and sage and... Here is B next to the lamb's ear and half an empty planter which will not be empty for long (pole beans? more morning glories?)
I bought a giant half wine barrel and I am planning to plant something climbing (maybe fuschia?) and then some trumpet vine in the planter at the back near the Mexican Marigold.
And here is Z with scissors. He is a bit outdoors-ed out since he has had school every day for the last two school weeks at one park or another while the older grades are participating in STAR Testing. But we had a playdate this afternoon and he had a great time painting and putting on an "art show" with his friend (and little brother although that part wasn't planned)

No comments:
Post a Comment