We are getting into the swing of things around here. We got really busy towards the end of last week and, although I have taken photos, I haven't gotten them off of the camera yet. We got to odd and even numbers and the rules for adding them, plus a little form drawing, some handwork and of course a fantastic park day where we met some lovely people and saw some old friends as well.
This week we moved into the 1st language arts block of the year with Saints and Heroes. We headed off to a local park where a letterbox had been planted recently and, for walk, we followed the clues for a bit of orienteering, stamped in and replaced the box. Scootered for a bit of exercise and then settled down to hear the story of Genevieve of Paris. All the while, of course, the song from Camelot is dancing around in my head!
For math today we played a little Dominoes, but Z wasn't happy at first about playing 5s because he never wins (says he.) So we played a cooperative version where we all laid our dominoes out and helped each other figure out multiples of 5 to get the most points together as a team. He liked the new version so much that we played it 3 times! And added the numbers cumulatively up to 420. Big stuff.
Monday, September 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love reading your school posts! I amazed at anyone who can tackle homeschooling. And the boys look like they are enjoying themselves.
Plus, I like seeing the ideas and what others do to learn!
You guys are doing great with the homeschooling. It's fun to see what you are all learning!
Thanks. We had a hard morning today and it is nice to hear good things to remind me that all of the days are not a head to head battle!
Post a Comment