Sunday, January 30

Getting Closer

I can't believe that we are in the final stretch of this pregnancy. It has gone so quickly. Less than a month left till my due date (actual birth day is anyone's guess) We had an ultrasound on Friday that confirmed that I am, in fact, growing a little boy! Well, "little" is debatable! :) Ah well, big or tiny, he will be here soon enough.

We have spent this weekend preparing for this little one. We've cleaned out the car, although we ran into a little snag in getting it detailed. The wait is atrocious today. REALLY bad. Like 2 hours wait for just a regular car wash, forget about the extensive job we want done. So I may need to deal with it this week sometime.

We also bought (and assembled) the stroller, some clothes and receiving blankets, a Nursing Nest, a Medela Nursing Stool, and a few other minor sundries.

In sad news, we loaned out our CoSleeper to some friends and picked it up last night so we could assemble it here at home and it somehow got broken. One of the metal poles was quite severely bent where the latch should release. Sometimes it can be difficult to take down and I think they may have gotten overzealous in trying to get it down when they were done with it. I feel really bad for them, because they are in no position to pay for it, but then again, neither are we with the midwife expense and all. But that is $160 that needs to be spent. We got a lot of use out of that CoSleeper and expect(ed) to this time as well. I'm bummed because I already bought the extender legs to match ours and now I have the wrong color because it seems to be really difficult to get the CoSleeper in the original blue with white legs. So now I will have non-coordinating legs, which really is very minor though.

No comments: