Wednesday, January 26

Preparations

We had our 35 week midwife appointment yesterday and all seems to be on course for our homebirth sometime after about a week and a half from now (!!!) Next week is our big appointment - the 36 week conference - where we go through all of the expectations for the birth, we go through the birth kit, the list of things that need to be on hand, etc for the birth, etc.

In preparation for that, I pulled out the scrapbook from my pregnancy with DS and went through the list we got from them. I'm sure there will be differences, but much of it will be the same. The part that made me laugh nervously to my DH is that all of it was supposed to have been completed by the 36 week mark. So this weekend on the agenda is getting the car cleaned thoroughly by a car cleaning place - the full detailing. If we are sticking another carseat in there, then it needs to be thoroughly cleaned, because I know what the seat under DS's looks like when we take it out. Can you imagine 2 carseats? Yikes! And when that is done, in goes the baby's carseat. Or at least the base from the carseat. And then it will only be our immediate family that can ride in our car. @ adults in the front, 2 carseats in the back and we are full up. Turns out I really *do* need a minivan. One of these days...

And we need other basic baby stuff too. For some reason I cannot find all of the receiving blankets from DS. And I had a TON. I gave a few to a friend, but I thought I had kept some. I guess not. So I need to shop for baby hats and receiving blankets.

And last, but not least, I am having a blessingway, or a Mama blessing. I was sure that since it hadn't come up by now, that it wouldn't, but sure enough, I got a call yesterday from my best friend and she is planning something. I'm pretty excited. So now the baby is on notice to wait until after the 12th of February. At least from BF! :)

Off to make breakfast!!

No comments: