So how much have I gotten done?
I bought Biokleen and washed the baby clothes I have on hand.
I bought 2 dozen infant sized prefolds (I have a dozen here already.)
Other than that? Nothing. I looked at dressers and DH was horrified that they cost $200 (and these were Simmons changing table dressers on clearance!) Apparently he has been out of the furniture shopping loop for WAY too long. Of course he has strange notions of what things cost. I'll never forget years ago when I sent him to pick up the drycleaning and he was horrified that is cost about $20 for a suit, several dresses and a couple shirts. He was figuring on about $5.
And in baby news, apparently my midwife, who prides herself on rarely having been off in 18 years of midwifery, estimates our baby to be at about 8lbs right now based on butt size. In case you aren't keeping track, I am 34 1/2 weeks pregnant. In the last month, a baby generally gains 1/2-1lb per week. Is it possible for me to subsist on nothing but water and Rolaids Soft Chews (a girl's got to do something about heartburn!) for the next however many weeks and keep the weight gain in the new one down? Yikes. DS was 9lbs8oz and presented with both hands next to his (large) head, so I'm not afraid of a big baby, but I sure don't relish the idea of delivering a 12lb one. I'll have to skip all the newborn stuff!
In positive news on that front, DSIL has agreed to come when the baby is born for a few days to help out with DS. She will leave upon news that we are in labor and probably arrive after the actual birth, given that she lives in Atlanta and we live in Southern CA. But it will be nice having her around. Of all of his family, I know that she will be the best one to have around for this sort of thing. Hopefully mid-February. Maybe 38 weeks? Ack! Am I really that close? I only have 2 1/2 weeks until we are cleared for our homebirth. :gulp:
Wednesday, January 19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment