Saturday, January 8

So I had this huge long post...

And Blogger ate it. They ended up going down during the time I had typed it, but I didn't know and submitted it to publish and lost the whole darn thing. Bummer. And it was a non-whining post too! So I'll try to recreate it as best I can. Well, sort of since I can only remmeber parts of it. 1st part:

Getting ready for the baby

I have a boatload of stuff to do and I am torn about how much I should do since I am a touch on the superstitious side thanks to being Jewish I guess. I don't want to bring too much into the house, but on the other hand, there are things we need ahead of time, especially since we are having this baby at home. Earlier this week I finally bought the carseat which is now in our dining room awaiting installation somewhere around 36 weeks. But there is much still to do, including:

  • Buying both cloth diapers and wool to knit covers. Oh, and of course, knit those covers. Yikes.
  • Buying the Sit N Stand stroller. We are actually going to do this a touch earlier then we really need to for the baby because we need a stroller to bring to Disney with DS and we may as well buy one that will be useful for awhile.
  • Order domperidone from New Zealand (long story but suffice it to say, it would be nice to have on hand if I need it)
  • Buy a sling.
  • Buy a diaper bag. This is more important than you realize because I do not own a purse and haven't in years. First I used the diaper bag backpack from Lands End with DS and then when he was old enough to not need it anymore, I just tossed my keys and wallet in my pocket. I would do that now, but maternity clothes are notoriously devoid of pockets.
  • Get in an array of herbal stuff for both baby and mommy, including wipes solution, sitz bath herbs, etc etc.
  • Pick up cosleeper from friend who borrowed it and buy the extender legs for it since our bed is taller than the one we had with DS.
  • Buy Bi-O-Kleen and do some baby laundry.
  • Buy dresser/changing table so we have somewhere to put aforementioned diapers and newly laundered clothes. If we manage to buy this, it will be the only dresser we have in the house. Sad, huh? :) We used to have this awesome built-in in our dressing closet in LA and when we moved we no longer had a place to put it, but in our last apartment, we had a closet full of shelving that really made a dresser unnecessary. This place? We really do need a dresser although the closet is okay with shelving. But not if we have to add another person's clothes to it.

More later I suppose. Some company just dropped by and I should be sociable.



No comments: