Thursday, December 7

Busy busy busy

My hands have been very very busy the last few days. Mostly knitting but a little sewing as well. I've been sewing those yo-yo's that are so popular among crafty bloggers right now. I'm making Hanukkah themed ones and will use them to decorate around here.

And then the knitting. I am almost finished with DS#1's 1st sock. The heel is turned and I am halfway through the length of the foot. I can't take a photo because he's awake! Then I have the Mason Dixon Washcloth I just finished (but still need to block) for DS's teacher. Here's a photo:
















FO Report: Mason Dixon Washcloth-started 12/02/06, finished 12/6/06, for DS's teacher
yarn- Crystal Palace cotton chenille in yellow
needles- Addi Turbo circulars, size US8 24" and 4 skacel dpns, us size 8
notes- Seems to be knit a bit loose although according to gauge (at least at the beginning. I didn't check afterwards) Pattern error in round 24 (noted on the Mason Dixon Website)

And then there is the Halfdome hat from Knitty modelled by both of my boys!

















FO Report: Halfdome hat-for DH
yarn- Debbie Bliss Cashmerino
needles- Crystal Palace, size US3
notes- Made according to pattern for child size, realized it was way too big for my almost 6yo and made it longer to fit DH (I had intended to knit him one as well) I need to double check my gauge, although it seems to fall into line when I swatch.

1 comment:

Beatriz said...

I don't know why it took me sooo long to find your blogspot. Very cute hats for your boys! And congratulations on finishing your son's sock #1 yesterday.