

I'm using Lorna's Laces in the "Watercolor" colorway. And I lucked out because I got some worsted from the same dyelot that I will knit hats from. I love it, although it looks slightly Mardi Gras color-wise to me.
In kid news, B went to the doctor again today. This time for some nasty splinters he had in his hand. Michael and I were able to get most of them out, but there was this one particular one that was really really deep and right at the bend of the knuckle. The doctor got it out really quickly though, so I do appreciate that! In trying to figure out where he picked up the splinter though, the only thing I could come up with that matched the type of splinter he had was the wood chips from that garden mulch. I've been meaning to get those all up anyway so I can dig the beds for spring planting, so I got out there this afternoon and cleared out most of the mulch (all I could anyway) from the main gardening bed. Once I amend the soil and dig it well, then I will work in some soil building compost and then cover it over with some more and then wait for spring planting. I am really looking forward to it!
DH's sister was kind enough to send money for the boys to have playstands built (by DH) this year, but we got to thinking, and if it is alright with her, we'd like to use the money to build them a playhouse outside instead. A friend has one for her kids and it is fairly simple and I think it will add quite a lot to the play value of our upper courtyard. Of course I've already dyed the playcloths for the playstands, but playcloths are always useful.

No comments:
Post a Comment