Friday, February 2

The busiest day all month

So Z goes in this morning to have 3 teeth removed. One of them is loose and would be coming out soon anyway, but he has an abscess above all 3 of them (3 separate abscesses) and so they need to come out. I'm actually kind of sad about it, but we have known this was likely coming at some point down the road. He's pretty scared, but I'm sure he'll be fine. Maybe a little hysteria at first, but ultimately fine.

Yesterday was incredibly busy. Z had a field trip to a butterfly preserve. The butterflies migrate along the coast here and there are a few places they stop along that migration. So Z's class drove 45 minutes to go to see one of these places. And, as only a 6 year old boy can, when I asked how it was, he told me "Yeah, it was okay. They were all in clumps on the ground. It was too long and boring."

B and I had our own road trip yesterday. I had a doctor's appt at the only (so far as I know) anthroposophical doctor in the area and had to drive 2 hours to get there (and 3 hours back. because I drove into LA to buy kosher sausage and eat lunch at RFD. Their lentil walnut pate is awesome!) I got some homeopathics and I had the opportunity to be seen and heard, and that was really nice. I've been feeling spiritually and creatively blocked lately and I don't really know how to express that to anyone in general. It feels like something I made up almost, and yet he heard me and got me and has put it into my treatment plan.

Funny thing about being blocked. I'm feeling so blocked that I can't seem to patch Z's jeans because I don't have a specific reference to follow. I have tried 4 different patching ideas and I have had to struggle to get them and when I work to execute them, they just aren't working on the holes. I also sewed an apron that was completely uninspired. At least the fabric was cute. I also bought some adorable fabric for Z and I am completely stumped as to what to do with it - and it is panel fabric! It lends itself to several specific uses, but I can't manage to come up with even one.

Anyway, DH finally made it home for me to go to knit night and so I leave and get to Peet's to get a caramel latte (definitely on my love Thursday!) and get a call to hurry back home because the baby has pooped in the tub! So I head back home, and it turns out DH just panicked because he had it all under control when I got there. But by the time we got it all settled, it really was too late to head back out to knit night, and besides, they are having a Superbowl alternative party on Sunday, and I am so going. I have a sweater to finish (Sleeve 2 is on the needles about 1/3 of the way done and sleeve 1 is done.) And I think I fell asleep around 11. I was watching the stuff on the DVR from earlier that evening while I knitted and finally had to put the knitting down because I was drifting off and that was it.

1 comment:

shizzknits said...

Hope Z does ok at the dentist. We have to take Little Man in soon and I'm not looking forward to it. :( The dentist is even worse than the doctor's office!

I also hope your crafty mojo comes back.