FO Report: "Big Digger Sweater"
Started 1/10/07, finished 02/04/07
Pattern: "Big Digger Sweater" size 4/5 from Handknits for Kids by Lucinda Guy
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Glace (exactly what the pattern called for)
Review: This actually was a fairly easy pattern to follow. It did require another full ball of the navy blue yarn more then the pattern called for however. The red barely made it. In terms of fit, I knit this too big for my little guy because I wasn't sure how the pattern would make up (running small etc.) and I wanted to be sure he would get some wear out of it, especially since he is wearing 3T and 4T clothes nowadays. Since it is cotton, it is good for almost year round use here near the ocean. I am concerned however that the arms are only a little long and the body seems extraordinarily large. That's a wait and see sort of thing, isn't it.
The intarsia wasn't nearly as bad as I was worried about it being. I'm actually up for it again whenever a pattern I am interested comes my way.
As an added bonus, this is my 1st entry for this year's Project Spectrum. Although I haven't seen anyone else using navy blue yet. I'm leaning toward a pair of socks for my next project. I have some blue and green variegated sock yarn I've been holding on to for a few years now that I think I am ready to knit. And then on to a sweater for Z I think.

4 comments:
It turned out beautifully! Nice job on the intarsia!
You did a great job! Very cute :o)
OMGosh look at those photos!!!! The small man puts the sweater to shame! LOL So cute!
It looks wonderful!!
Ronikins
Post a Comment