Ez had his 1st soccer game today. All in all, I'd say it was a wash. I think I may keep him away from about half of the games (after I talk with DH of course). Even though the Spring season is supposed to be completely pressure free - not even specific team jerseys or numbers and especially no scoring - the parents are still a bit nuts. Screaming their heads off at 6 year olds to score, including at Z by name! Z was all upset and close to tears much of the time because it was all too much. I like the practice time, much more laid back and gives a taste of team play without the pressure, but the games are too much and no one (read coaches or officials) said word one to the parents. All in all, it wasn't worth being late to the local synagogue's Purim Carnival for.
And these are the Shaloch Manos baskets we got this year. Well after they had been heavily raided that is! But I wanted to get a shot of them before they were all gone for posterity and to say a public thanks to those who gave them to us. Thanks!

1 comment:
awww that sucks that the parents were so rabid. :( That's one reason I'm not really into putting the small men into sports.
Post a Comment