Sheree over at She Knits Shizknits has a weekly thing she calls Love Thursday and, although I usually don't post my own, I keep it in my thoughts for the day to think of all the little things I love. Today I had to share.
I love preserved foods (tomatoes, pickles, lemon curd, etc) lining up in the kitchen like jewels.
I love clearing out the overgrown and finished things in the summer garden (bye tomatoes! bye other tomatoes! bye volunteer cherry tomatoes choking my rose bushes and herbs!) and preparing for fall. (hello kale! and artichokes!)
I love the look of the garden when it is weeded, cleaned up and mulched with compost.
Heirloom melons from the farmer's market.
I love neighbors who are willing to carpool to Z's school even though I can't reciprocate. (Lemons? pickles? tomatoes? Can I pay you in food?)
I love 2 year olds who love the piano desperately and deeply.
I love that I bought my 1st grader his very first yarn (Lamb's Pride bulky Lemon Drop) to teach him to knit this week and that he has elaborate plans already to start knitting hats for me and his brother.
I love getting to help out in Z's classroom every Tuesday thanks to a friend who has been taking B for the mornings (and who I hope to reciprocate for just as soon as potty training has gotten solid)
I love that DH still is learning things he didn't know about me 12 years later. (!)
Thursday, September 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment