Yes, Z is back in school and I have zero pictures to show for it. I spent Tuesday helping in class while B went to a friend's house with whom we are swapping childcare. It is so incredibly strange to have Z gone for 6 hours of the day. I don't know what to do with myself exactly. I keep wandering from thing to thing. B and I need to figure out a new routine, but I am having a hard time feeling it. It's hard to even remember to make us lunch because I am so used to having lunch with Z when he gets back from kindy. After 2 years of that, it is a hard habit to break!
But I have been keeping busy. I have started my 1st quilt! I did the cutting last week, sewed it up on Sunday while DH had the boys out on a bike ride, bought the backing and batting yesterday evening and pinned it in place and spent time this morning diong the 1st pass on the quilting. I stitched it along all the seamlines or "in the ditch" first and then will go back and sew another line in between the seamlines to help keep it from shifting. And then on to the hardest part - binding. I need to take all the scraps from it and make the binding and then attach it. Since all the finishing is by hand, I expect it to take me awhile of carting it around with me.
And here is where we are right now:

1 comment:
It looks so great!!! I'm seriously impressed that it's your first- mine didn't look half that nice.
Post a Comment