In other news, the back of the Big Dig Sweater is done and now sits on a stitch holder awaiting its brothers so it may be joined into a sweater. So I'll cast on for that later and get to work on it. The intarsia chart comes really fast into the front side (row 11 or 12) and so you know what I will be trying to figure out tonight! ::gulp::
And in goals to be accomplished this year, I have been working at getting our emergency preparedness stuff together. I've got bottled water and canned food for about 5 days socked away. I have some batteries, but I still need to get a separate first aid kit to keep with it and get a small supply for the car as well. I cleared out our old stash of stuff when we moved since the dates were getting close and I just haven't added more to it.
Another thing that I've wanted to do for a long time has finally made it into the forefront of what I want to do. This is the year that I will learn to spin. As a part of this, I am going to be joining the local Handweavers and spinners guild. They have a loaner program with some wheels, so I figure I'll put my name on the waiting list and in the meantime I will learn to spin on a drop spindle. I have an opportunity to acquire a full fleece come summertime and I would really like to be able to really make use of it. Plus, I have been drawn to spinning for some time now, but I keep pushing it to the back burner so I don't have yet another passion that costs money. But I really enjoy my work with fiber and I guess since I have few enough things that I really enjoy doing, and I get such a true sense of accomplishment from my current work, I should give over to this a little bit. If I love it, I'll cross the purchasing of a wheel when I get there. And I'll pump my spinning friends for advice and recommendations along the way. Because really if you have an obsession, you should really share it!

1 comment:
The pot pie looks yummy. I've been making my own lately too. Better than store bought...
Post a Comment