So for the 1st time in a month, I was able to make it to knit night. Woohoo!! I had a great time getting out of the house, talking to actual adults and knitting with other people who were knitting. It is fun to see what other people do and choose. It is so inspiring and companionable. And so I was able to make great progress on the sweater front and I wove in the ends this morning!
And this afternoon was spent double digging compost into the badly neglected part of the garden. And yikes! It was bad. Clay lumps we had to beat into submission with bricks in order to break them up. I spread more compost on top and will be working that in probably on Sunday.
This weekend (tomorrow!) is the meeting of the Spinners and Handweavers Guild and I really do want to go, and yet I feel foolish because I am such a wannabe spinner. I get the idea of it, but I have none of the tools. Well I have some unspun dyed wool. And I practice (sort of) spinning in my fingers and wrapping it around my finger to keep the fibers twisted as I go, but that is really pushing it to call it experience on any level. Also, I don't know anyone who goes and I generally feel slightly out of my element even considering it, like maybe I should get at least a drop spindle and practice for a month before going in. But then again, how do you get started without jumping in at some point or another? I do wish I had the people from my LYS around me that I did before I moved (like Sheree - ::wave::) who are experienced and also know me and so I'm not some weirdo pumping them for information. Well, at least an unknown weirdo!

No comments:
Post a Comment