So after he went to bed, I grabbed a soda (which I rarely ever do) and parked myself on my bed and watched Top Chef. (hazing? Are you joking. Moron) And knitted. And unknitted. and then knitted some more. And then watched Beauty and the Geek. (don't even ask. Total crapfest last night.) And knitted. And then wove in a boatload of ends, because that is how an evening should end. LOL
Thursday, January 18
Curing a tough night
Last night the toddler who shall remain nameless was truly awful to put to bed. Brought me to tears if the truth be told. Bedtime is a struggle with him. Naptime too. All of my attempts to adjust this problem have been met with unmitigated failure. He is an incredibly strong-willed child. Makes Z look wishy-washy. (HA!) He doesn't tucker himself out with screaming, so frankly I think CIO would never work with him. Last night he was so out of control he was physically hurting me, so for only the 3rd time in his life, he was deposited in the playcrib to cool off. Yeah. Like that worked. After a full hour of screaming (no it was not all done in the playcrib) he finally fell asleep being held and holding on to my hair for dear life. Well, he holds on to my hair like that every night. Drives me crazy. The sheer force of his will astounds me. He must do every thing himself. Get a cup, get the juice/water from the fridge, open the bottle, pour the drink, close the bottle put it back, put the top on the cup. And that is just one drink. All day it is like that. But since he isn't even 2 yet, he doesn't have the manual dexterity to do everything he wants to do. So by the end of the day, I'm exhausted from the tantrums, he's exhausted by the tantrums and his brother is annoyed because so much time is spent dealing with his little brother.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, I'm so sorry for that rough day/night. Those are the days you do just want to walk out of the house.
I hope the knitting helped...
Post a Comment