So here's what is going on aronud here: First I finished B's socks and hat.
Socks FO Report:
Pattern: my own very basic sock pattern. Top is a 2x2 rib and the bottom is stockinette
Yarn: Lorna's Laces sock yarn watercolor colorway
Needles: crystal palace bamboo dpns size 2
Kind of BTDT since I just finished Z's, but these took forever because I could not get motivated to finish #2. Once I buckled down to get through the ribbing and turned the heel, I got the last one done in an evening. They fit beautifullly though.
Hat FO Report:
Pattern: Kind of my own pattern for this too. But it is a basic watch cap style hat without the foldover brim because I wanted to get 2 hats out of the ball of yarn. Also knit in 2x2 rib.
Yarn: Lorna's Laces worsted in Watercolor colorway
needles: Skacel DPN's size 7
Cute as a button on him, (I'll try to pin him down for photos later) but it won't last long as it *just* fits him now. I haven't decided if I will rip it once he outgrows it (in a month or two) or give it away and knit another larger one for next year. Z decided he does not want a hat from this yarn.
Here's the next big project on needles - a sweater for B from Lucinda Guy's Handknits for Kids
And here's the progress I've made so far:
I have about 6 1/2 inches in (mostly) stockinette for the back and I'm coming up on the striping around the top in another 3 inches. My goal is to have this done for Bs birthday in March but it will be too big for him since I chose to make the size larger so he could grow into it. This is a cotton sweater, so it will work for most seasons around here in SoCal. I am quite nervous about the intarsia on the front, but also pretty excited as this is my very 1st sweater after more then 5 years as a knitter.
One negative is that the sweater in the picture appears to have an orange truck, but the two yarns offered for that color are both reds. I ended up choosing the 1st color listed (poppy) because it seemed for appropriate then the 2nd (whose name I can't recall) as is was a much more maroonish color and darker and poppy was at least bright although nowhere near orange. And the only orange I could find in cotton glace was more of a cantaloupe color. Not at all in keeping with the other colors.

4 comments:
I can't wait to see how the sweater turns out! You'll make it beautiful, I'm sure.
Good progress on B's sweater. I hope to learn how to knit with more than one color soon. BTW, the Star of the Day Hat was such a delightful pattern to knit with. Interesting pattern from start to finish, not boring, and not complicated (because I like hats to be simple!).
I just bought two Lucinda Guy books. I am in love with all the patterns!
The hat made from Lorna's Laces is so pretty. I think basic patterns are sometimes better to let the yarn shine through...
Thanks guys! The Handknits for Kids pattern seems pretty easy to follow so far. Of course the back is basically one big slightly shaped square, so I'll withhold complete judgement until I get to the really challenging parts!
Post a Comment