FO Report: Waving Lace Socks, Favorite Socks by Interweave Press
Started February 2007, finished 08/15/07
Yarn: Austermann Step Color 10 (I think)
Review: Funny thing about this pattern. I saw Sheree make hers ages ago and loved the pattern and the yarn and put it in the back of my mind to do. Then the Favorite Socks book came out with the pattern front and center in it (it *is* the cover sock) and so I picked up some yarn for it that I knew was self-striping and that just seemed right for the project. Turns out, I was not only making the sock Sheree made, but in the exact same yarn!
Anyway, these were actually really great to make. The pattern was easy to follow and I followed it exactly, save for needle size (I used size 2 needles) so that I could make them a tad bigger for my slightly larger then average foot (and they do fit perfectly). The first sock flew by, but it was the second sock that dragged on forever and I can only figure it was because I was out of the knitting groove and didn't feel inspired.
Of course, now I don't know what to move on to do next.

3 comments:
They look great! Nice job! :)
you amaze me with your knitting!!
They look comfy.
Jennye, they look amazing on your footsies. Congrats!
Post a Comment