Wednesday, August 15

Lots to say today

for some reason.



Anyway, in handwork/sewing/whatever news, I have been busy. I have made it within one repeat and a toe of finishing these socks. It has required forced dedication and swim lessons to accomplish it, but the pair is almost complete. Whew.



Also, I am working on a pair of pants for Z since he is hard to fit. For the record, I am not the world's greatest (or most accomplished or trained) seamstress. I have never made a tailored item ever nor have I ever put a zipper in anything. But now I have. These pants are within spitting distance of being done. Just a waistband and hemming. I sure hope they fit.


Saddest Zucchini ever

Gardening. *sigh* I must be the only person in the world who can't grow zucchini. I have gotten a tiny handful of zucchini out of the garden this year, but mostly I have been plagued by a mildew fungus thing that is gross on the leaves and rotting all the zucchini before they can get to any length whatsoever. My tomatoes are growing tons (although not ripening yet for the most part) and the cucumbers and beans are prolific. The zucchini gets pulled out today.

And for family - the gratuitous shot of the boys. (p.s. Like the artichokes in the vase? Me too!)



p.s. isleta - email me!!! I haven't talked to you in forever and your profile is private. Email address is over there <----------

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want those socks, they are so adorable! And no, you aren't the only one who can't grow things. I kill plants in my garden regularly. Then again, I'm me, so there's that. *grin*

Chelle said...

I *HEART* the colorway of those socks!

Hope you are all having a great summer!